About UNA UK
Working to build a global community connected in pursuit of equality, sustainability, & peace.
- To build movements for systemic (ingrained) transformation at the UN
- To advocate action for global cooperation
- Boldness: Disruptive, constructive, creative. We do what it takes to speak truth to power.
- Accountability: Decisions that affect us all should not be taken behind closed doors. We practice self-reflection, expect transparency, and challenge inequality.
- Intersectionality: (interconnected nature of social categorizations) We recognise the interconnected nature of oppression and challenge the structures that drive injustice.
- Solidarity: We find power in community around the world and amplify the work of grassroots changemakers
They pursue this mission by:
- Explaining how the UN works and what it can realistically achieve.
- Connecting people and organisations to the UN’s work and values.
- Providing an interface between the UN and the UK.
- Calling for active and progressive UK leadership at the UN.
- Stimulating debate and action on how to make the UN more effective, transparent, inclusive, and accountable.
- Convening key players from all sectors, in the UK and internationally, to promote multilateral solutions to global problems.
- Equipping our members and supporters to further all of these aims.
Pages on this website about UNA-UK
UNA-UK has started to produce a newsletter, supported by the Open Society Foundations, as a resource for anyone interested in the timeline and dynamics of UN appointments and elections. It will be published in partnership with Passblue. Sign up to … Continue reading →
UNA UK website: https://una.org.uk/
Membership: https://una.org.uk/support-us/membership only £10 per year.
Become a supporter: https://www.tfaforms.com/4803854 free.
The United Nations Association – UK (UNA-UK) is a registered charity (No. 1146016) and a company limited by guarantee (No. 07824306). They are completely independent of the UN and receive no funding from it.